Chipotle-Citrus BBQ Chicken with Grilled Orchard Peaches Recipe
- 4 pieces chicken breast, on-the-bone, skin on (approx. 2 ½ lb.)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt, black pepper
- 3 ripe peaches, cut into thick slices
- Chipotle-Citrus BBQ Sauce
- Wood skewers that have been soaked in water for 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Divide the peach slices between 4 skewers, arranging them so they stay put during grilling. Set aside.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken skin-side down on the grill and cook over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, turning once during this time.
- Once the chicken is almost cooked through begin basting it generously on both sides with the BBQ sauce.
- Cook another 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked (165 on an instant thermometer) and well-glazed and caramelized.
- Remove to a platter and keep covered, while bumping the grill up to high.
- Brush the peach skewers lightly with the BBQ sauce and grill over high heat for 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly charred.
- Arrange the chicken and peach skewers on a large platter with extra warmed BBQ sauce if desired (not the same sauce used for basting though). Note: To speed up the grilling time the chicken can be pre-baked in advance just until it reaches 165.
- Finish the chicken on the grill over medium heat brushing generously with sauce. (Any kind of chicken can be used: boneless breasts, legs, thighs, etc.) The sauce also works well with shrimp, salmon, and thick-cut pork chops on the grill.