Gazpacho Salad with Spicy Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¾ cup chopped scallions (or red onion)
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1-2 tbs chopped fresh mint or dill (do to taste)
Yield: Approx. 5-6 servings
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ¼ cups tomato juice
- Dash of Tabasco, or to taste
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- ½ tbs sugar
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the vinaigrette by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the vinaigrette and toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to become chilled and develop flavor.
- Serve over salad greens, or with crusty bread or garlic toast.
- This “chopped” salad also works well as a condiment for grilled beef, chicken or fish.