Maple-Pear Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs sugar
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbs butter
- ½ cup total of pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter.
- In another bowl blend together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Stir in the milk mixture and let the batter stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a 10”ovenproof skillet and cook the sliced pears in 1 tbs butter and 2 tbs maple syrup over high heat until caramelized, approx. 5-6 minutes (add 1 tbs more maple syrup if needed during this process).
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and remaining maple syrup.
- Pour the batter over the pears to evenly cover and bake for 12 minutes or until the pancake tests “clean” in the center with a knife.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 1 minute.
- Carefully place an oversize plate (much larger than the pan you are using) over the pan, and while holding onto both sides of the pan/plate with oven mitts, quickly invert the pancake onto the platter.
- Allow all of the maple syrup to drizzle over the top.
- Any type of seasonal fruit would work well with this such as summer berries, peaches, plums, apples, or even bananas. Nuts would be a great addition too, as well as adding flavored extracts, spices, or liqueurs to the batter.