New England Clambake on the Grill Recipe
- 1 ear corn, cut into 2 pieces
- 2 sm. red potatoes, sliced thick and par-boiled or steamed until half tender
- 3 oz linguica, cut into thick slices (about 4-5 pieces total)
- 8 littleneck clams, washed well
- 1/3-1/2 cups beer
Yield: one individual serving
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Tear 2-3 large sheets tinfoil and layer them to make a leak-proof pouch.
- Layer everything inside, beginning with the corn and potatoes and finishing with the clams on top.
- Pour beer over the top to generously cover and close the packets up tightly.
- Place pouch directly on the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, or just until clams are open and everything is tender. Note: carefully open pouches after 8 minutes to make sure there is enough moisture. If not, add a bit more beer!
- Enjoy clambake right out of the pouch with bread on the side for all of the delicious juices!
- Other quick-cooking foods can be added (such as mussels, shrimp, scallops, etc.). If you want to avoid using beer, try adding 2 tbs butter with a whole lemon.