Homemade Apple Chutney Recipe
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and chopped native apples (about 5 apples)
- ½ lb golden raisins
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tsp mustard seed
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¾ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 small hot red pepper, finely chopped (or adjust amount to taste)
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
Yield: Approx. 4 cups
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is thick (about 30 minutes).
- Cool and store in the refrigerator for 2 months.
- Chutney is great served at room temperature with roast pork or chicken, or on top of sharp cheddar cheese with dark bread.