Honey Ginger Lemonade Recipe
- 6 lemons, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup peeled & chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cup water
- 14 cup cold water
Yield: 1 Gallon (16 8 oz servings)
- First juice all of the lemons and strain off the seeds.
- In a heavy saucepan combine the 2 cups of water, sugar, honey, and ginger and bring this mixture to a boil.
- Simmer gently until the sugar dissolves and the ginger has flavored the syrup – about 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup and cool.
- To prepare the lemonade combine the ginger syrup, fresh lemon juice, and the 14 cups of cold water.
- Stir well and let the lemonade chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve over ice, garnished with fresh lemon slices.