Old-Fashioned Cider Cake Recipe
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh, local apple cider
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
Yield: 2-8” round cakes, or one 9” x 13” pan
- Using a mixer (or by hand) blend the oil and sugar until well mixed.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and blend thoroughly.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the bowl – mix in slowly while adding the apple cider – just until everything is smooth and incorporated.
- Pour batter into greased cake pans and bake at 350 for approx. 30-35 minutes, or just until center is done when tested with a toothpick.
- Allow cake to cool and turn out of pans if desired.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar to serve.