Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese Recipe
- 4-5 medium native beets, separated from their tops and washed
- 3- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Kosher salt & pepper, to taste
Serves: Approximately 4 as a side dish
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Wrap beets individually in tin foil and bake until completely tender when pierced with a knife – 45-75 minutes, depending on the size of the beets.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the foil until you’re able to handle them.
- Open foil and rub the skin off the beets under running water.
- Slice and arrange on a platter.
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice and zest and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over beets and top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Serve warm or chilled.