Summer Succotash Recipe
- 3 ears native corn, corn cut off cob
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup lima beans (if frozen follow bag direction & pre-cook)
Serves 4-6 as a side dish
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium – high heat.
- Add the red pepper and cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook another minute.
- Add the zucchini, lima beans, herbs, salt & pepper, and sauté just until vegetables are tender but not mushy – approximately 2 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning – add more butter if needed.
- Serve warm.